Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sculpture-Drawings

Chronic Condition


This piece started out as looking foreign to my usual work. I am a fan of sculptural aspects taking part in 2-D work. The making of contemporary art is interdisciplinary. It is a relief to know there are not strict boundaries, because every kind of art making shares the same mental and transubstantial goal--from the mind, through the hands, and into existence. I know painting. However, undergoing a mental or physical process of another discipline facilitates high levels of dynamism. In this piece, I was craving that structure, mobility, gravity, and believability that sculpture has to offer.

This drawing captures my worries pertaining to internal health and bodily condition. The personal struggles I have experienced have been quite unusual as well as chronic. The temporary reason for constant paranoia hangs, and weighs less than the left side on the scale. That black square is menacing, especially with its visceral membrane. It represents future pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment